What is an entrepreneur ?
One who creates a new business in the face of risk and uncertainty for the purpose of achieving profit and growth by identifying opportunities in problems and assembling the necessary resources to capitalize on them.
They may be an inventor: someone who has created a new product or service. It is a job which requires creativity, patience, great communication skills, and confidence.
Characteristics of Entrepreneurs:
- Desire for responsibility
- Preference for moderate levels of risk – risk eliminators
- Confidence in their ability to succeed
- Determination Desire for immediate feedback
- High level of energy
- Future orientation – opportunity, necessity, and serial entrepreneurs
- Skilled at organizing
- Value achievement over money